Join our zoo community
Simon Hampel

Australian Wildlife Health Center - Sep 2008

Australian Wildlife Health Center  - Sep 2008
Simon Hampel, 2 May 2009
Haliaeetus and Tiger like this.
    • snowleopard
      This health centre being open to the public is a terrific idea, and there are a number of activities for children inside the building. In fact all of Healesville is top notch and I rate it as one of the best zoos that I've ever visited in terms of attention to detail. There is nothing but Aussie wildlife there, but everything is expertly designed and quite impressive.
    • Simon Hampel
      I agree completely - I was surprised by the informative displays in this fully operational animal hospital ... it's not just a display piece, but a working facility,
    • Hix
      I imagine that conducting an operation might be difficult with people tapping on the glass. And if an animal dies on the table in front of the public, well, it could be traumatic for some kids (and adults).

But otherwise I think it's a great, innovative, and very educational idea.
    • Sun Wukong
      Not to mention the flashlights and the constant chatter/screaming/stupid remarks...
    • PAT
      There are operating theatres that aren't viewable (is that a word) so I reckon anything serious (or bloody) would happen there.
    • Simon Hampel
      I was going to take a guess that this might be the case.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Healesville Sanctuary
    Uploaded By:
    Simon Hampel
    Date:
    2 May 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    291.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 40D
    Date / Time:
    2008:09:26 12:10:55
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    10 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).