Join our zoo community
d1am0ndback

Aviary filled with Guira Cuckoo

I do not recall this aviary, in front of the king vulture aviary, having Guira Cuckoo in it.

Aviary filled with Guira Cuckoo
d1am0ndback, 26 Feb 2017
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • jayjds2
      It used to have Andean tinamou, grey-winged trumpeter, an aracari, and maybe one or two other species.
    • d1am0ndback
      @jayjds2 I saw an exhibit with similar species in the bird house, in the place of one of the guam kingfisher exhibits. It is worth noting there were no guam rails on display in the bird house
    • jayjds2
      @d1am0ndback thanks for the info. If i had to guess the Guam rails are still there, just not signed. They're very hard to see, as they can climb the trees even if they can't fly! Were there any bird of paradise species on display?
    • d1am0ndback
      @jayjds2 I saw none. Many birds were not labeled, and I looked specifically for the Guam rail as that was a species I came for, but found none. Same with the whooping cranes. For some reason the blue crane was in their exhibit and the blue crane's exhibit was empty.
    • ThylacineAlive
      I know this was a year ago but as a slight update there are Red-Billed Toucans in this enclosure now and Guam Rails are signed and present in the bird house.

~Thylo
      d1am0ndback likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    San Antonio Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    d1am0ndback
    Date:
    26 Feb 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px
    Aperture:
    f/1.7
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SAMSUNG-SM-G930A
    Date / Time:
    2017:02:25 14:32:50
    Exposure Time:
    1/514 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    4.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).