Join our zoo community
jusko88

Aviary

Wood Duck,Canada Goose,Gray Catbird,Baltimore Oriole,Northern Cardinal,Red-Bellied Woodpecker,Cattle Egret,Hooded Merganser

Aviary
jusko88, 9 Jan 2013
    • jusko88
      Wood Duck,Canada Goose,Gray Catbird,Baltimore Oriole,Northern Cardinal,Red-Bellied Woodpecker,Cattle Egret,Hooded Merganser
    • FBBird
      Is there an outdoor section? Otherwise, I can't believe they have ducks, never mind geese, in what appears to be a miserable little indoor exhibit. Hope I'm not being too harsh here.
    • snowleopard
      I wholeheartedly agree. This "exhibit" appears to be totally bollocks! Hopefully what we see are winter quarters only.
    • jbnbsn99
      My guess, is that, as with any native bird species, these are all injured animals that are non-releasable.
    • FBBird
      The waterfowl are likely to be many generations captive bred. I would question keeping any small perching bird above this amount of water; bound to lead to trouble.
    • jusko88
      what you see is what you get. this is the entire exhibit year round.
    • jbnbsn99
      Why do you think that? Most places I know house rescue birds.
    • FBBird
      Purely because an awful lot of waterfowl are bred, and I would suggest most of those in collections are captive bred.
      I really don't like the idea of waterfowl in such a barren indoor environment, whatever their provenance.
      The small birds in here may well all be wild injured birds; with all that water around, I hope they can fly [and swim?].
    • ZooBinh
      Sorry for the late reply here (in fact 7 years late!), but having visited this weekend, this exhibit is no longer.

Yes, they are rescued individuals. They have since passed away, as they were senior animals (for example, the ducks were 14-15 around the time of passing). They do plan to redo the exhibit, and I think it has much potential.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
    Uploaded By:
    jusko88
    Date:
    9 Jan 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    258.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    E7600
    Date / Time:
    0000:00:00 00:00:00
    Exposure Time:
    10/58 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).