Join our zoo community
Zooish

Babirusa, Singapore Zoo

Bachelor herd of Babirusa at the Singapore Zoo. IN a few days, it would be the Chinese New Year, and the zodiac animal this year is the pig! So its considered auspicious to see a pig (or any species of suid for that matter).

Babirusa, Singapore Zoo
Zooish, 15 Feb 2007
    • Zooish
      Bachelor herd of Babirusa at the Singapore Zoo. IN a few days, it would be the Chinese New Year, and the zodiac animal this year is the pig! So its considered auspicious to see a pig (or any species of suid for that matter).
    • MARK
      wow unreal
    • ZYBen
      I love how the mock rock doesnt look over done
    • Writhedhornbill
      How many do you have?
    • Zooish
      We have 18 in total, divided into 3 herds: 5 young males at the Zoo; 4 old males at Night Safari; 9 females at Night Safari.

This was done to stop breeding as they have been thriving a little too well.
    • Zooish
      My bad, one of the old males passed on. 17 left.
    • Writhedhornbill
      Will you breed from them in the future?
    • Zooish
      We need new bloodlines. The breeding program will definitely continue in the future as this species has been earmarked for the long-term collection plan.
    • dragon(ele)nerd
      I saw them two years ago, some awesome looking pigs.
    • Dr. Wolverine
      How many males are there now? I visited 4 weeks ago and the only place I saw males was at the Second Exhibit in Night Safari. Is that the only place in mandai that still houses males?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Singapore Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Zooish
    Date:
    15 Feb 2007
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    215 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    375px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).