Join our zoo community
Arizona Docent

baby bengal (hybrid) tigers

Born here to a white mother and heterozygous orange father. They breed these (often producing whites) nonstop, which is likely one reason they are no longer AZA accredited. I have also noticed all of their cats (not just tigers) go in the nursery and are not mother raised. Not sure if they are all rejected by the mothers or if the zoo does this to allow visitors to see cute babies up close in the nursery?

baby bengal (hybrid) tigers
Arizona Docent, 2 Jun 2010
    • Arizona Docent
      Born here to a white mother and heterozygous orange father. They breed these (often producing whites) nonstop, which is likely one reason they are no longer AZA accredited. I have also noticed all of their cats (not just tigers) go in the nursery and are not mother raised. Not sure if they are all rejected by the mothers or if the zoo does this to allow visitors to see cute babies up close in the nursery?
    • kbaker116
      Holy crap! I just read your post and double checked and I guess they did lose their accreditation. I was always skeptical of them. Disappointing since they have many endangered species.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Wildlife World Zoo & Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    2 Jun 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    44.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    432px
    Height:
    288px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Date / Time:
    2010:05:31 09:23:04
    Exposure Time:
    1/80 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 2000
    Focal Length:
    58 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).