cypher

Baby Giraffe 02

Full body shot of new baby giraffe

Baby Giraffe 02
cypher, 6 Nov 2013
    • cypher
      Full body shot of new baby giraffe
    • Animal
      I did not know you could enter the giraffe house.
    • cypher
      From what I can't tell it's completely random, as to when you're allowed to walk up to the Giraffe House. When the zoomobile isn't running seems like highest chance that you're allowed up there. Also when the Giraffes are still being held there.
    • TZFan
      She's very adorable. Baby giraffes know how to rock the cute factor. Its so nice to see a young giraffe again when we all had ruled it out.
    • adams7
      Visitors are allowed to walk to the Giraffe house any time the giraffes are not in the paddock (winter, bad weather in the summer/slippery paddock, right before the zoo closes if they have been shifted off exhibit). In the winter, they usually put up large pieces of canvas on the fence to cut down the effects of the wind, so the giraffes are often out for short periods of time in the winter.
    • cypher
      Well that makes sense with every time I've seen people at the Giraffe house.
    • arcticwolf
      I didn't know this. I'm glad that even in the cold Canadian winters, the giraffes are still allowed to see the sun and breathe in fresh air. I wonder if a small area like this one will be built for the new exhibit, so the giraffes can still go out in cold weather.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    cypher
    Date:
    6 Nov 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    208.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1067px
    Height:
    1600px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7100
    Date / Time:
    2013:11:03 12:27:48
    Exposure Time:
    1/320 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 250
    Focal Length:
    70 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).