Join our zoo community
Arizona Docent

baby javelina (at my condominium)

December 12, 2020, condominium in Tucson Mountains, Arizona.

baby javelina (at my condominium)
Arizona Docent, 13 Dec 2020
    • UngulateNerd92
      Wow! Look at that, the Collared peccaries in your neighborhood are prolific!
    • Arizona Docent
      @UngulateNerd92 Yes I didn't realize until I moved here that they breed year round. I have seen babies a few times already. In the tree above this lawn (the same lawn where we first saw them when I was moving in) I sometimes hear a great horned owl hooting at dusk. Unfortunately the tree is so dense I can't get eyes on it (even with a flashlight). I heard it again tonight while I was photographing the javelinas.
    • Noah Butas
      Are those peccaries like white-tailed deer, everywhere
    • Arizona Docent
      @Noah Butas Yes on the outskirts of the city they are quite common. They appear at my complex regularly (since I am not home all the time, they may even be here daily). Once I saw one at a very small wash (I mean very small) in the center of the city - not near any rural areas - which was quite surprising. I have also seen them a couple times at Tucson Airport.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    United States - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    13 Dec 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    392.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    533px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D850
    Date / Time:
    2020:12:12 17:03:36
    Exposure Time:
    1/80 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 2000
    Focal Length:
    200 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).