Join our zoo community
cypher

Bactrian Camel

Jozy on the left and Suria on the right. You'd think these two are best friends. Whenever I see them, they're with each other.

Bactrian Camel
cypher, 7 Jun 2016
    • cypher
      Jozy on the left and Suria on the right. You\'d think these two are best friends. Whenever I see them, they\'re with each other.
    • TZFan
      Cool photo. I hope Jozy always stays on the light side. It's an easy way to tell her apart.
    • cypher
      That would be nice, but I get the feeling they'll eventually darken with time. One can wish though.
    • whitters23
      We saw these two running laps around the enclosure on Sunday. They seem really close. They were chasing each other and then one of them would try to nibble on the other's hump. Jozy (I think) took a tumble and got grass stains all down her sides but it didn't take long before they were back at it again.

These two must be younger, they seemed much smaller than the rest in the exhibit. Are they new arrivals or were they born at our zoo?
    • cypher
      Can't confirm any date of births, but Jozy, the camel on the left is the above photo, was born at the zoo. Suria came from another and is younger than Jozy.

And yes they are the young ones of the group.
    • TZFan
      Jozy just turned two and was born at the zoo. Suria is still one and was born in Granby.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    cypher
    Date:
    7 Jun 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    209.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7100
    Date / Time:
    2016:06:06 12:00:35
    Exposure Time:
    1/2000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 640
    Focal Length:
    340 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).