Join our zoo community
Parrotsandrew

Bactrian Camels, September 1967

Bactrian Camels, September 1967
Parrotsandrew, 13 Mar 2015
pendraig_milnerae likes this.
    • Pertinax
      Anything from the Monkey House please?....:)
    • Parrotsandrew
      Sorry Pertinax, nothing from there - another reason to like camels really.
    • Tim May
      You’ve certainly posted some interesting photographs, Andrew; these have brought back many memories.

There was a time when the Camel House (now the Pygmy Hippopotamus House) provided accommodation for Arabian camels, Bactrian camels, vicuna, alpaca, guanaco and llama; how times change.
    • lowland anoa
      The doors in the background looks like the giraffe house.
    • Tim May
      The building in the background is the Giraffe House.
    • TeaLovingDave
      As demonstrated by the giraffe exiting it :p
    • Parrotsandrew
      Thank-you Tim, I'm pleased you are enjoying them - I wish I had more photographs. As far as I am concerned those were the good old days, but as you say times change.
    • Animal Friendly
      Excellent photos Andrew, brings back memories of my visits to Regents Park at this time.
    • IanRRobinson
      I'm not sure they were the good old days, but I certainly think that between then and now the baby got chucked out with the bathwater...:(

But - thank you so much for posting the photos, Andrew. :D
    • Parrotsandrew
      My pleasure Animal Friendly and Ian. As someone who lives in the past the 1960s were the good old days of zoos in my lifetime, but then I was seeing everything through the eyes of a child - and an uncritical one where zoos were concerned at that.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZSL London Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Parrotsandrew
    Date:
    13 Mar 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    251.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/4.6
    Make:
    GCMC
    Model:
    Scanner
    Date / Time:
    : : : :
    Exposure Time:
    1/18 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    13 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).