Join our zoo community
jerseygorilla

Bahasha

Bahasha
jerseygorilla, 19 Feb 2011
    • jerseygorilla
      Bahesha the lowest ranking of the female Gorillas in the group.
    • Tinkywinky
      How is rank graduated?
      A gorilla woman made of jersey comes next month to Germany.
    • jerseygorilla
      I think that because she is the smallest, and the most recent addition, she is the lowest ranked of the group. The highest ranked female is Kishka, who is the largest and whos mother was the highest ranked before she died, and so she has inherited her rank.
    • Pertinax
      Kishka was born at Howletts(mother Shamba) so her mother was never in this group. But I believe she's the highest ranker and is the eldest. The female whose mother was also in the group is 'Halalli'(mother N'Pongo).

It seems this group has no breeding potential until something is done such as either replacing the male or sending females elsewhere. Longterm 3 of the females have never bred with the male and the 4th(HK) hasn't(?) become pregnant for several years now- is YK still fertile after his testicular operation?
    • jerseygorilla
      I'm not sure but there is talk of swapping females or perhaps even swapping males! :)
    • Tinkywinky
      One of the females (Sakina) comes in March to Münster/Germany.
    • Pertinax
      That is good news. She is the daughter of Kishka x Jambo. She has never bred with Ya Kwanza.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust
    Uploaded By:
    jerseygorilla
    Date:
    19 Feb 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    311.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.2
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix Z33WP
    Date / Time:
    2011:02:19 14:06:18
    Exposure Time:
    10/2500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    18.9 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).