Join our zoo community
Fargusno

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
Fargusno, 28 Oct 2020
Salt Merchant likes this.
    • Fargusno
      Photo taken back in June 2018

A rarity in Indonesian zoos. It used to inhabit a spot that used to had a lion in it (as of now there's no lions on the Baby Zoo photo spot after the drugged lion allegations back in 2016/17). Now it's home to a pair of Servals, Dominique and Mario. The Bald Eagle was taken off-display afterwards.
    • Salt Merchant
      @Fargusno I really hope that this eagle and the turkey vulture (Cathartes aura) have a aviary in the Wild Wild West area.
    • Salt Merchant
      Eco Green Park also keep this species
    • Fargusno
      @Nandito I never knew TSI has a vulture. I never watched the birds of prey show yet omegalul
    • Salt Merchant
      @Fargusno they have the griffon and turkey vulture.
    • Fargusno
      @Nandito I'm guessing they're off-display. Griffon Vultures are kinda cool tho.
    • Jonathan Harry
      @Nandito Also I hope that the dinosaur statue area near the cowboy show is demolished into the Wild Wild West Area which contains bald eagles, turkey vultures, raccoons, alligator snapping turtles, prairie dogs, beavers, and great grey owls. Because these animals happen to be found in several zoos in Indonesia.
    • Fargusno
      @Jonathan Harry Kind of a good idea, since North American faunas are seldomly found in Indonesian zoos. LPZ used to house prairie dogs back in 2020-2021 before they got phased out and replaced by Asian golden cats.
    • Fargusno
      @Nandito Sorry for the late reply but the griffon vultures are being rehomed to Bintaro Aviary Park!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Taman Safari Bogor
    Uploaded By:
    Fargusno
    Date:
    28 Oct 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    163.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    554px
    Height:
    738px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).