Join our zoo community
toto98

Bare faced Ibis and Tropical cinammon teal

(phimosus infuscatus) and the critically endangered tropical cinammon teal (Anas cyanoptera tropicus)

Bare faced Ibis and Tropical cinammon teal
toto98, 25 May 2014
CarLover likes this.
    • toto98
      (phimosus infuscatus) and the critically endangered tropical cinammon teal (Anas cyanoptera tropicus)
    • vogelcommando
      Taken on your 'own' property ? Howmany teals are there at the moment around ?
    • toto98
      Indeed, actually it has been about 3 weeks since the last time I checked out the group, but it is actually of about 8 different pairs, but in some cases (dry season, when our lake and the river are one of the few places where there is still water) I have seen up to +100 individuals.
    • vogelcommando
      Thanks for this information !
    • toto98
      Whenever you visit I would be glad to show you the place (unless i´m in India)!
    • vogelcommando
      As soon as I have some spare money and some spare time I'll come back on you offer !
    • vogelcommando
      Did some research on the Bare-faced ibis - also known as the Whispering ibis. According to A guide to the birds of Colombia this is the most common ibis in Colombia but even so I was not able to find any records of them being kept in captivity ! Does somebody know if the species has ever been kept ( or even bred ) in any zoo or birdpark ?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Colombia - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    toto98
    Date:
    25 May 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    307.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1060px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D5100
    Date / Time:
    2014:05:10 15:56:14
    Exposure Time:
    10/8000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 500
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).