Bays Mountain - Entrance to second floor of planetarium

Bays Mountain - Entrance to second floor of planetarium
TinoPup, 11 Jun 2022
KevinB and MonkeyBat like this.
    • MonkeyBat
      What did you think of Bays Mountain?
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @MonkeyBat A little mixed, but it was a gigantic relief after going to Creation Kingdom Zoo. The inside was fantastic! They could really do a bit better with the outside exhibits, after all of that money spent on the inside (which is fantastic), but the yard sizes were great, at least. Otter, bobcat, and fox exhibits were all empty, so only mammals were the two deer and wolf pack. I wish I could have walked the grounds a bit more but my legs were hurting and I had another 5 hours of driving to do.
    • MonkeyBat
      @TinoPup I've been going to Bays Mountain time to time for the last twelve years (my grandparents live in the Tri-Cities) and virtually nothing has changed besides the inside displays in the ramp that leads up to the top floor of the planetarium building. It seems to me the park doesn't really replace many things, as most of the buildings were probably built in the 70's. To me I like the old style architecture, but I feel like some of the animal habitats could use some work and they need more animals period if they want to keep bringing in visitors.
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @MonkeyBat I read the history panels and it did seem like they haven't changed in a long time, yeah. I started at the bottom of the building, after doing all of the outside stuff, so I was really surprised when I got to the bee stuff and everything was shiny and new! I like the old signage, and the sizes of the yards, but they could use some updating. Give the birds more places to sit, more things to do. They could put in some ramps and stuff and turn some of the raptor center into exhibits for smaller mammals. Put some climbing stuff in the carnivore yards. Get rid of the concrete corn crib. They could do a fantastic aviary on the water, similar to what Virginia Living Museum has, as well.
      MonkeyBat likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bays Mountain Park and Planetarium
    Uploaded By:
    TinoPup
    Date:
    11 Jun 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4000px
    Height:
    3000px
    Aperture:
    f/1.8
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G998U
    Date / Time:
    2022:05:22 16:16:12
    Exposure Time:
    1/120 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 25
    Focal Length:
    6.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).