Join our zoo community
ralph

BBP 08/2016: Cassowary enclosure

For southern cassowary. Theres also an single-wattled cassowary in another, equally small enclosure

BBP 08/2016: Cassowary enclosure
ralph, 26 Aug 2016
    • ralph
      For southern cassowary. Theres also an single-wattled cassowary in another, equally small enclosure
    • FunkyGibbon
      It's not exactly a convincing barrier is it? This was one enclosure I did not longer at!
      What were you thoughts about the bird park as a whole?
    • ralph
      Yes I was kinda surprised a potentially dangerous bird like this one was kept behind such a minimalistic fence...

I liked the park a lot, even though it has some flaws.

Some enclosures were not really up to par (including some bird-of-paradise enclosures) although the birds are obviously looked after very well. It seemed like some of the smaller enclosures were being merged to give the birds more space, and I hope they will continue to do this. The two cassowary enclosures were too small and those should be merged together as well. (Which would mean dropping one of the species in favor of the other)

The staff is really friendly and knowledgable.

Many birds were in the wrong geographic area, but that's just a minor complain.

The collection of birds is very interesting, personal highlights including Sumba hornbill, Javan kingfisher, Javan hawk-eagle, lesser adjutant and 6 species of bird-of-paradise (it even used to be 7!)

There are many activities to participe in, including free-flight shows, feedings and photo opportunities. Those are included in the entrance fee (and they should be for that price!)
      Taking photo's with your own camera is allowed.

The overall ambiance is great and I could easily spend another full day there.

Also included in the entrance fee is access to the Rimba Reptile Park, which I really disliked. It looks like it is really poorly maintained.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bali Bird Park
    Uploaded By:
    ralph
    Date:
    26 Aug 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    429.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-HX400V
    Date / Time:
    2014:02:07 15:19:30
    Exposure Time:
    1/50 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).