Join our zoo community
jacks zoo

bears dartmoor

bears dartmoor
jacks zoo, 16 Jan 2009
    • snowleopard
      I've read Benjamin Mee's book (We Bought A Zoo) and the bear exhibit is at least as large as described in the text. How many bears are there?
    • Mike11
      Again it is a very good enclosure in which i think is very natural for the bears aswell.
    • James27
      Three bears live there. It is very good, the only thing is the house is really small and basic.
    • Dan
      Hopefully the bears are (in general) outdoors 24/7?
    • James27
      I don't think zoos in the UK are allowed to keep their animals outside at night. I think they have to be locked in.
    • Dan
      Oh no............................ :mad::mad::mad:

Can that be true? What a disappointment... you British are supposed to be the most animal friendly people in the world - a "sterotype" that I as an Anglophile happen to hold very dear...

Sad to hear this...
    • James27
      That's a bit harsh.
      They sleep at night, what's the problem...?
      I bet you keep your dog inside at night anyway. Same thing.
    • Zambar
      Actually, the Aspinall Parks tend to keep their animals outdoors overnight, and Longleat's hippos no longer use an indoor house.
    • Jacobea
      It looks like a very big, natural enclosure :) As for keeping the bears inside at night-maybe it's to guard against the (although probably slim!) possibility of a bear getting out and going walkies?
    • J0nny666
      I know this is a really old thread, but just to clarify, the animals at Dartmoor have access to both their outdoor enclosure and their house 24/7, the only exceptions being in high winds and storms where there is a risk of trees hitting the fences.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dartmoor Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    jacks zoo
    Date:
    16 Jan 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    418 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix A350
    Date / Time:
    2007:09:30 03:59:48
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    5.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).