Join our zoo community
SusScrofa

Bee City Zoo (2023) - Primate prison 2

Bee City Zoo (2023) - Primate prison 2
SusScrofa, 31 Jan 2023
Birdsage and ZooElephantMan like this.
    • TinoPup
      What an ... interesting ... contraption. I've never seen anything like this!
      Most of their exhibits don't look as bad as I was expecting them to be, at least?
    • MonkeyBat
      Are we just too lazy to give the primates literal Earth at this point? like I feel like it would be cheaper to stick the cage on the ground?
    • TinoPup
      @MonkeyBat Above ground is supposedly easier to clean (ex rabbit hutches).
    • Great Argus
      @TinoPup Yeah because everything just falls through and can be scooped up from underneath.
      I'd imagine catching the monkeys when necessary is a terrible nuisance, can't go inside the cage and no secondary containment option. Additionally I seem to recall reading somewhere that full mesh exhibits cause foot issues in primates...
      TinoPup and MonkeyBat like this.
    • TinoPup
      @Great Argus They definitely cause foot issues in everything that gets kept in them. In theory stuff falls through, but from what I've seen with rabbits at least, people keeping them in cages like this also aren't providing the proper nutrition so the droppings are mush and get stuck to it, rather than going through.
      Great Argus likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bee City Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    SusScrofa
    Date:
    31 Jan 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2999px
    Height:
    3641px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Exposure Time:
    1/308 sec
    Focal Length:
    2.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).