Join our zoo community
ZooElephantMan

Behind the Scenes Corridor (open to the public)

Behind the Scenes Corridor (open to the public)
ZooElephantMan, 10 Jul 2022
DelacoursLangur and KevinB like this.
    • ZooElephantMan

An image of the main Behind the Scenes corridor (which all visitors have access to).

On the right side of the hallway, visitors can overlook the top of the tanks that they previously saw at eye level on the first floor.

On the left side of the hallway, there are additional tanks exclusive to this behind-the-scenes area. This includes a small touch tank, which was unsupervised when I walked by. This surprised me, because it seems like a visitor could easily steal a crab or a starfish from the touch tank without getting caught. I could also imagine someone dropping garbage into any of the tanks, or sneezing into a tank without anyone noticing. I felt that these potentialities were both concerning.

In addition to my touch-tank concerns, the wet floor presents a hazard. As I walked past the Snowy Grouper Tank, the fish jolted and created a splash of water that went out onto the floor. Visitors will have to make sure not to go too close to the tanks, because there is chance they will get wet. And they may have to tread carefully, to avoid falling and hurting themselves.

(Note- I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of the touch tank itself)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Woods Hole Science Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    ZooElephantMan
    Date:
    10 Jul 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    7.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px
    Aperture:
    f/1.8
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone SE (2nd generation)
    Date / Time:
    2022:07:07 13:57:03
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    3.99 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).