bengal tiger ( Armenia ) Yerevan zoo

( Armenia ) Yerevan zoo - 2011

bengal tiger ( Armenia ) Yerevan zoo
fofo, 7 Nov 2011
JigerofLemuria likes this.
    • fofo
      ( Armenia ) Yerevan zoo - 2011
    • Blackduiker
      Talk about terribly outdated. Disgraceful anywhere for 2011!
    • fofo
      It is really bad
    • fofo
      Please transfer your photos( Armenia ) Yerevan zoo
    • Hix
      Interesting colour - white with a tinge of orange.
    • IanRRobinson
      Somehow there's something doubly sad about a zoo within the historic range of the Caspian tiger housing a white tiger in such an awful cage.

To be fair, if some of the well endowed zoos in Europe and N America made money available to places like this rather than looking to build multi-million dollar exhibits when cheaper options existed, then maybe exhibits like this would disappear.
    • FBBird
      bengal tiger

When I see a zoo enclosure like this in a relatively poor country, I wonder about the general standard of living for the human populatyion there. this tiger may well be better fed and housed than its human neighbours.
    • sooty mangabey
      There was a BBC programme a while back - State of the Ark, possibly - that featured Yervan Zoo. It did look pretty grim, but was staffed by massively dedicated keepers whose own living conditions were, as FBBird suggests, pretty poor. This does, of course, raise the ethical issue of whether somewhere that is so poorly resourced should be trying to maintain a zoo, however good the intentions might be.

In 1987 I visited Yervan as part of a Soviet-sponsored trip to extend the hand of freedom to the youth of the West; it is a great place. We drove past the zoo, but to my huge frustration I was unable to go in, and instead had to visit a local hospital to witness the regional development in the USSR. I kick myself for this - i don't think I'll be back in Armenia anytime soon, sadly.
      Canihelpyou? likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Yerevan Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    fofo
    Date:
    7 Nov 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count: