Big Cat Falls

Entry shelter

Big Cat Falls
geomorph, 13 Jun 2009
pendraig_milnerae likes this.
    • geomorph
      Entry shelter
    • snowleopard
      I know that I've made lots of comments on the series of "Big Cat Falls" photos, but does anyone know the current rotation policy at the zoo? Are some of the cats rotated through the different feline exhibits?
    • geomorph
      I don't think they rotate, due to the permanent graphics located at each exhibit area for each species
    • reduakari
      It's designed with shift tunnels and chutes to permit rotation, but as suggested the permanent labeling and the habitat-specific features ("Mayan" ruins, African savanna plantings etc.) indicate there's limited use of the rotational opportunities.
    • fkalltheway
      Despite the fixed graphics the cats are indeed rotated through the exhibits. Amur Leopards and Snow Leopards alternate in the large planted exhibit, but I have seen tigers in there too. The Amur Leopard also made its way into the Mayan Themed cage where the Jaguar usually is, and I have also seen the tigers in there. One time I also saw a Snow Leopard in the Puma's exhibit. So yes, the cats do indeed rotate. Obviously the leopards cannot be rotated into the lion or tiger enclosures as those do not have netting on the tops
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Philadelphia Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    geomorph
    Date:
    13 Jun 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: