Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Black Leopard Exhibit

July 22nd, 2018.

Black Leopard Exhibit
snowleopard, 31 Jul 2018
    • snowleopard
      The zoo's owners (72 years old and 70 years old) insisted that this Black Leopard exhibit was great for the inhabitant. "Loads of space with 3 connected cages, a clean environment and the ability to look out and see every zoo visitor as it is the very first enclosure that people see".

Maybe 40 years ago this would have been an acceptable big cat exhibit but not in the year 2018.

Here is the cat:

Black Leopard Exhibit | ZooChat
    • aardvark250
      Why can someone said this is good?
    • StoppableSan
      @snowleopard This makes the JungleWorld leopard exhibit look like paradise. Forget looking like, it is paradise compared to this cement pad.
      snowleopard likes this.
    • birdsandbats
      This is actually new this year. It is the old Lion exhibit.
    • amur leopard
      @birdsandbats :eek: That is shocking. A lion in 150 sqft. Has this placed permanently closed due to the virus yet?

I don't know whether I have a blinkered view of European zoos but I don't think you get this kind of exhibit anywhere over here. I mean - you guys have some brilliant zoos and then a few miles away, this.
    • birdsandbats
      @amur leopard As far as I know this place has not permanently closed, although it is difficult to find information about this zoo.
    • snowleopard
      @amur leopard My trip through a lot of zoos in Wisconsin and Michigan in the summer of 2018 was the catalyst for me ending my annual American zoo trips and instead heading across the Atlantic Ocean to Europe. As you know, I spent a month visiting a ton of zoos in western Europe in the summer of 2019 and even the smallest Dutch (excluding nasty little De Paay:eek:), Belgian and German zoos are better than so many totally crap places in Wisconsin, California, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana and many other U.S. states. America has a lot of excellent zoos, but also some atrocious zoos everywhere.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Animal Haven Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    31 Jul 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4608px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/3.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS
    Date / Time:
    2018:07:22 04:00:11
    Exposure Time:
    1/320 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).