Join our zoo community
DavidBrown

Black rhino female and calf, Kruger National Park

Black rhino female and calf, Kruger National Park
DavidBrown, 25 Jul 2012
    • nanoboy
      Dude, I am going to start a collection on Zoochat to buy you a proper camera. :D
      Man, these are some amazing wildlife experiences you had, but I hope that the memories are clearer than the pics. :D

Seriously though, I look back on some of my pics with once-in-a-lifetime experiences, and say "damn, if only I had a better camera".
    • DavidBrown
      Yeah, my camera isn't good with long distances. I have some much better pictures in my Facebook galleries that I can give folks access to if you want to contact me individually.

The black rhinos were a long ways away and there was no way to get good pictures of them without a telephoto lens, which I don't have. I did get some pretty good video of them that perhaps I will post if that becomes possible on Zoochat.
    • nanoboy
      Thanks for the pics! Awesome!

You know when you click a pic on FB to enlarge it, it starts off blurred and then becomes crisp when it loads fully? Well, I think that something is wrong with your FB page, because most of the pics remain blurred even after a minute of waiting. I feel nauseous now. :D

Great pics though - well, experiences I mean. :)

It looks like you were able to tick all the usual safari animals, including leopard, which is superb. So many of my colleagues were disappointed that they did not see a leopard on safari. Besides aardvark, are there any other animals that you really wanted to see but missed?

Did you go with a tour company, or was it a self-tour?

Is someone's name really "Bumpass"? Either way it is pronounced (Bum-pass, or Bump-ass), I will still chuckle. :D
    • Kifaru Bwana
      Dear @DavidBrown, I feel for you there!

What is impossible to convey though in any pictures - even clear ones for that matter - is the overwhelming intensity of the experience of (being able and present) seeing rare and beautiful wildlife up close and personal!

Point being: You were there at the right moment, right time, right place ..... and that will never be erased from your memory.
      DavidBrown likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    South Africa - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    DavidBrown
    Date:
    25 Jul 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    196.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/6.7
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX L24
    Date / Time:
    2012:07:14 07:08:17
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    33.642 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).