Join our zoo community
twilighter

Black Rhino

Black Rhino
    • Arizona Docent
      Look at those horns! :eek:
    • Great Argus
      Indeed! I'd love to see a live rhino with a horn of that length!
    • twilighter
      The dioramas featured really exceptional mammal specimens. The Akeley Hall of African mammals was created 80 years ago, when such a impressive giants had still roamed
    • Sarus Crane
      I've seen that recently on social media some of the dioramas on the upper balcony of the hall are sealed off. Was that the case on this visit? If so, are they doing refurbishment and restoration like how they did with the North American mammal hall in 2012 and which ones were inaccessible to view? Haven't been to AMNH since 2011 but would love to go back and to NYC again!
    • twilighter
      There are no restoration works, during my visit and all of the dioramas in the Upper Balcony were visable. The Black Rhino is on the one of them, actually :)
    • Sarus Crane
      @twilighter Maybe they finished whatever they were doing with them. The last I saw was about 3 months ago so I guess they're no longer working on them.
      twilighter likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    American Museum of Natural History
    Uploaded By:
    twilighter
    Date:
    1 Mar 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    1960px
    Aperture:
    f/1.5
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G960F
    Date / Time:
    2020:02:20 10:55:48
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).