Join our zoo community
Chlidonias

blue duck (Hymenolaimus malacorhynchos)

Willowbank Wildlife Reserve, Christchurch, NZ, photo taken 12 Nov 2008. This blue duck always rushes back and forth along the front wire of its aviary whenever anyone walks past (hoping to be fed I suspect), making it impossible to obtain decent photos of it. I had to use the flash to freeze its movements because it moves so fast, hence the photo looking like it was taken at night!

blue duck (Hymenolaimus malacorhynchos)
Chlidonias, 12 Nov 2008
    • Chlidonias
      Willowbank Wildlife Reserve, Christchurch, NZ, photo taken 12 Nov 2008. This blue duck always rushes back and forth along the front wire of its aviary whenever anyone walks past (hoping to be fed I suspect), making it impossible to obtain decent photos of it. I had to use the flash to freeze its movements because it moves so fast, hence the photo looking like it was taken at night!
    • Chlidonias
      this male has been gone for quite a while now. Not sure what happened to him but now his aviary houses little owls and NZ pigeons.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
    Uploaded By:
    Chlidonias
    Date:
    12 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    258.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1064px
    Make:
    PENTAX Corporation
    Model:
    PENTAX *ist DL
    Date / Time:
    2008:11:12 10:20:12
    Exposure Time:
    1/180 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    0 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).