Arizona Docent

bobcat and puma exhibits

September 2-3, 2013.

bobcat and puma exhibits
Arizona Docent, 6 Sep 2013
    • Arizona Docent
      September 2-3, 2013.
    • DavidBrown
      What do you think of this zoo, Arizona Docent? Does it compare favorably to the ASDM?
    • Arizona Docent
      It is not as complete or as nice as ASDM. What they have is good, but there is just not enough to see. (It seems they do not expect people to spend a lot of time there as they do not even have a cafe or snack bar). I first visited about twelve or thirteen years ago and nothing new has been added since then. In fact, there is a series of three small animal exhibits right in the middle that are all empty, so there is actually less to see now than when I first went. Also, the large walk through aviary originally had some colorful small birds and even a turkey. But here is the complete species list of what they have now: mourning dove, roadrunner.

It is managed by New Mexico State Parks and I feel they do not have the resources and/or qualifications to properly run it. It is a very nice facility for what they have, but it could be really great if someone private took it over and filled in the holes. There are long stretches with no animals to view.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Living Desert Zoo and Gardens State Park
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    6 Sep 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    115.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    960px
    Height:
    437px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Date / Time:
    2013:09:03 11:14:37
    Exposure Time:
    1/640 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    80 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).