Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Bobcat Exhibit

Bobcat Exhibit
snowleopard, 8 Feb 2011
    • snowleopard
      Aug. 21st, 2010.
    • snowleopard
      I was not impressed with this section of the zoo!

An excerpt from my 2010 review:

Cat Walk – This area is sad, as there are two large but dull grottoes for Bengal tigers and lions, and the tiger exhibit is the larger of the two but it also features a tremendous amount of concrete for the cats to walk on. There is a long row of exhibits that all have brutal viewing areas, as cage after cage has black metal wiring across the front of it. Species here include: jaguar (two enclosures with one yellow cat and one black cat); mountain lion; snow leopard (I saw a mother with 3 cubs that were only 9 weeks old); ocelot; bobcat; red panda; binturong; rock hyrax and meerkat. There is also an emu/red kangaroo yard, and the entire area lacks a decent exhibit and is really a mish-mash of different animals. Whatever the zoo has extra of they probably just chuck into one of the cages whenever one of the former occupants dies.
    • Gonzapalot
      Ugh, the Cat Walk has been around since my childhood, and your description is very accurate.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ABQ BioPark Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    8 Feb 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    497.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2010:08:21 14:09:32
    Exposure Time:
    10/1250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).