Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Bonobo Exhibit

Dec 2008. Barren enclosure with only one climbing platform, and in the background is the second gorilla habitat.

Bonobo Exhibit
snowleopard, 18 Dec 2008
    • snowleopard
      Dec 2008. Barren enclosure with only one climbing platform, and in the background is the second gorilla habitat.
    • BlackRhino
      This exhibit is a disaster!
    • okapikpr
      Why is it a disaster?
    • Ituri
      I was wondering the same. Have we just got into a pattern of trashing exhibits regardless of their form and function on this board or what?
      PossumRoach likes this.
    • okapikpr
      This photo is actually only a small view of the entire exhibit.
    • BlackRhino
      Okapikpr how come anytime I say something bad about a Florida zoo you correct me? I don't think this is enriching enough for Bonobos. At San diego and Columbus they have whole forests to explore and here this is a dirt yard with a small climbing structure.
    • okapikpr
      I never said this was a bad or good exhibit...and pictures dont quite always convey what is really there. You arent the only one.
    • Ituri
      I'm going to hold you to task on the San Diego has a whole forest for bonobos. There yard in San Diego is rather small, and I would hardly call a handfull of twisted palm trees a "forest"

This isn't a particularly attractive exhibit once again, but a disaster? Hardly.
    • BlackRhino
      Ituri of course you will object if I say anything good about San Diego. You hate Ituri Forest and it is perhaps one of my favorite exhibits. Same with the Bonobo enclosure.
    • snowleopard
      A truly excellent bonobo exhibit can be found at the Columbus Zoo, but the San Diego Zoo's habitat is also brilliant. The one at Jacksonville is miles better than their silverback gorilla's "paddock", but it is still generally weak overall. The primate exhibits taint an otherwise above average zoo in Jacksonville.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    18 Dec 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    425.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:12:04 11:55:22
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 250
    Focal Length:
    9.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).