Join our zoo community
Dan

Borås Zoo, Acrican savanna, early 1970s

Some more scans from Borås. Pictures probably taken in the beginning of the 1970s and hopefully of a little better quality than the previous uploaded. The African savanna with elephants, rhinos, cape buffalos, zebras, giraffes and other species. 23 000 square meter big - close to 6 acres.

Borås Zoo, Acrican savanna, early 1970s
Dan, 13 Sep 2009
    • Dan
      Some more scans from Borås. Pictures probably taken in the beginning of the 1970s and hopefully of a little better quality than the previous uploaded.

The African savanna with elephants, rhinos, cape buffalos, zebras, giraffes and other species. 23 000 square meter big - close to 6 acres.
    • Zooplantman
      Any idea of how many elephants were there?
    • Dan
      I am guessing 4 -5, which seem to the appr number of the current herd (judging by more recent pictures), excluding the male that live separated.

But I am not sure, it was 35 years ago...
    • Kwambeze
      In early 1970 the park had four elephants, which they had had since the start 1962nd All but one died of "Shot" In The 1977. I do not know why, never heard obout the cause.

I found this information on Elephants.se
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Borås Djurpark
    Uploaded By:
    Dan
    Date:
    13 Sep 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    176.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1005px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).