Join our zoo community
Gigit

Bornean Orangutans, March 1997

Bulu with baby Gambira tucked under her right arm. This is inside the Small Mammal House where they lived before moving to the Ape House.

Bornean Orangutans, March 1997
Gigit, 17 Feb 2013
    • Gigit
      'Bulu' with baby 'Gambira' (born 22 March) tucked under her right arm. This is inside the Small Mammal House where they lived before moving to the Ape House.
    • Pertinax
      I don't know if this proves or disproves my theory about the indoor accomodation being changed for when the Orangutans lived in here. Wasn't/isn't the old Chimpanzee/Mandrill indoor cage a traditional barred set-up- or did it look like this? Still confused...:confused:
    • Gigit
      I really have no idea. I don't remember seeing indoors when the Mandrills were there. My memories of the chimp/s just involve my disgust at one in the outdoor cage being teased by a crowd.
    • Pertinax
      I would love to see inside that House again now. I am sure there is just the long ugly barred cage at the end, which originally Chimps, and finally the Mandrills lived in- yet here is a green weldmesh cage with a raised concrete floor which is what I remembered seeing on my only visit when the Orangutans were in here. Did they rebuild the old cage after they moved? Surely not! Perhaps I dreamt it? But this photo says not.... Still totally confused over this!!.:confused::confused::confused::confused::
    • Gigit
      Maybe an email to the zoo would solve the problem?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Paignton Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Gigit
    Date:
    17 Feb 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    162.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1098px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).