Join our zoo community
OrangePerson

Bornean orangutans

I wouldn't normally upload such an iffy photo but I don't think he's had much attention. I'm assuming this is Willie. Don't know if it was coincidence but I've never seen Leia looking so animated and playful (with Latifah not him), she usually mooches around looking very unexcited by the world.

Bornean orangutans
OrangePerson, 13 Mar 2015
Water Dragon likes this.
    • OrangePerson
      I wouldn't normally upload such an iffy photo but I don't think he's had much attention. I'm assuming this is Willie. Don't know if it was coincidence but I've never seen Leia looking so animated and playful (with Latifah not him), she usually mooches around looking very unexcited by the world.
    • gentle lemur
      I agree, it must be Willie.

Alan
    • Pertinax
      Why have they taken on this young male?:confused:
    • gentle lemur
      Tuan and his siblings are well over-represented in the studbook, so he has been retired from the breeding programme. 'Willie' is F1 from Apeldoorn (Apenheul).

Alan
    • marmolady
      He looks a handsome young chap. :) Is Tuan still living at Chester?
    • OrangePerson
      Yes, Tuan is still there.
    • gentle lemur
      I saw Willie for the first time on Saturday, although he was pretty well covered by a sack. As this photo shows he has rather dark hair and his skin is quite dark too. He still has quite a lot of growing to do, but I think he can become an impressive male.
      I look forward to the time when the Bornean orangs can move to the other side of RotRA where they will hopefully have more stimulation and become more active.

Alan
    • OrangePerson
      The thing I'm most looking forward to about Islands is the Bornean's promotion!

I don't suppose you saw Iznee did you? I saw Leia, Latifah and Sarikei but no Iznee. He was always the most friendly of them.
    • gentle lemur
      Just Martha and Willie - it was only a quick visit on a very busy Easter Saturday (RotRA was like a really bad Tesco queue with extra pushchairs :mad:).

Alan
    • Macaw16
      Love the description!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    OrangePerson
    Date:
    13 Mar 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    114.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    533px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 50D
    Date / Time:
    2015:03:07 12:31:39
    Exposure Time:
    1/125 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    100 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).