Join our zoo community
Arizona Docent

Both species of oncilla

September 15, 2022

Both species of oncilla
    • twilighter
      Where exactly are they located ?
    • Arizona Docent
      @twilighter I assume you mean where in the park are they located, and not where in the wild in South America. The park has a loop for South American cats that starts and ends at a central junction (where the Asia and Africa loops branch off to the right and left respectively). The oncilla enclosures are at a corner where the path bends (maybe halfway through the loop). If I remember correctly (which I may not) they had four exhibits labelled - two for each species, though I only saw one northern and I believe the second was empty. One of the two southern had a mother and large kitten (and the second had a single adult - presumably the father).
      twilighter likes this.
    • twilighter
      @Arizona Docent Yes, I meant in the park :) Thank you very much for the detailed reply !

Did you managed to see any of the Asiatic golden cats ?
    • Arizona Docent
      @twilighter I only saw one golden cat this time. I think they had two exhibits and what was a third exhibit in previous years (the one in front) held a fishing cat this time.
      twilighter likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Le Parc des Félins
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    28 Sep 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    913.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2490px
    Height:
    1680px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).