Join our zoo community
TinoPup

Brandywine Zoo - Helmeted guineafowl

Brandywine Zoo - Helmeted guineafowl
TinoPup, 10 May 2021
Elephantlover likes this.
    • red river hog
      Odd that they've been moving around so much . . . Ever since the fall they've been moving back and forth between the South America aviary and the Sandhill Crane exhibit. :confused:
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @red river hog The crane exhibit?! I saw the signs for them in the lemur exhibit, and assumed these were the same birds. So they go between three exhibits?
    • red river hog
      @TinoPup Yeah, the lemur exhibit is supposed to they're permanent exhibit, but I've seen them with the crane on my past two visits. It seems like a lot of trouble to move all five of them from place to place so often and I'm not sure the reasoning behind it. The Black-and-white Ruffed Lemurs are very territorial towards them, so maybe that has something to do with it, but it still doesn't explain why they go back and forth between so many different exhibits.
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @red river hog I had assumed they must be having an issue with the lemurs messing with them, lemurs and birds rarely seem to mix well. But yeah, I don't know why they'd keep moving them around, unless maybe the crane was picking on them too, or they were picking on the crane? They seemed pretty content in this exhibit.
    • red river hog
      @TinoPup It's a shame they didn't mix well with the lemurs. Hopefully one day they can get it to work.
    • TinoPup
    • red river hog
      @TinoPup Yes. I saw one in November and all three when I visited two weeks ago. If they weren't out, it may have been because of cooler temperatures.
    • TinoPup
      @red river hog It was cooler and a bit rainy, though I got in during a break in the rain (yesterday). Good to know they do go in there, at least :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Brandywine Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    TinoPup
    Date:
    10 May 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.5 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    2268px
    Aperture:
    f/1.7
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G955U
    Date / Time:
    2021:05:08 14:01:52
    Exposure Time:
    1/201 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    4.25 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).