snowleopard

Bronx Zoo - Congo Gorilla Forest

July 2008.

Bronx Zoo - Congo Gorilla Forest
snowleopard, 4 Aug 2008
    • snowleopard
      July 2008.
    • snowleopard
      Beyond a shadow of a doubt the greatest pair of gorilla exhibits on the planet. This photo, with some slight editing, looks as if it was taken from the wild!
    • mstickmanp
      In every photo I've seen of the exhibit I could never see where the exhibit ends.
    • Zooplantman
      One of the great challenges was that this site is right at the zoo perimeter. On the other side of the street there are apartment buildings, two of which are huge towers. :D
    • snowleopard
      This photo illustrates the sheer size of the area, as there are zero gorillas in view and yet over 20 in the habitat!
    • BlackRhino
      This prooves my point that these gorilla exhibits truly are massive. Nearly 20 gorillas call this habitat home, yet how many do you see in the photo? zero. If this exhibit truly was cramped for 20 gorillas you would see at least a few in this picture, and realistically 5 or 6. Since the exhibit is not cramped at all though, you see NONE!
    • snowleopard
      @BlackRhino: you've just made an excellent point. Many people are talking about how the Bronx Zoo has close to 20 gorillas, but in every single photo of Congo Gorilla Forest here on ZooChat there are usually between 0-3 gorillas in the shot. That means there is a ton of space!:)
    • Zebraduiker
      This is ridicoulous.

And where are the tons of place in the small winter indoor cages, hmm ?
    • animalman0341
      Zebraduiker why do you get so uptight about everything snowleopard says about Congo Gorilla Forests Gorilla habitats?????
    • animalman0341
      I know you're just trying to make a point and I don't mean to be rude, but it seems like everything he says, you criticize so harshly.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bronx Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    4 Aug 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    607.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:17 11:54:25
    Exposure Time:
    10/800 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).