Maguari

Brown Bear enclosure at the Welsh Mountain Zoo Oct 08

Brown Bear enclosure at the Welsh Mountain Zoo Oct 08
Maguari, 26 Oct 2008
David Matos Mendes likes this.
    • James27
      Is this the whole enclosure?
    • Maguari
      There's an off show area (the old bear pit) that is usually just open through with the main exhibit (if you stand on the pathway on the left in this picture you can see it on the other side of the access passage to the dens). Makes the whole exhibit about 25% larger again. So, basically, it's not a huge exhibit, but there's usually a good bit of enrichment going on and there's a little pool and some digging areas. Was given the rather grandiose name of Bear Falls when it was opened but I haven't seen that used for ages.
    • James27
      Hardly a waterfall lol. Sounds a bit small for three bears.
    • ZooMania
      It's far from ideal, but really it's one of the better Welsh Mountain Zoo exhibits. It currently houses 3 Bears by the way.
    • James27
      I haven't been there, I think I should go. Their snow leopard exhibit looks abysmal though.
    • ZooMania
      Oh god, the Snow Leopard enclosure is possibly the worst i've seen. It's horrendous for just 2 of them but it was worse a few years back when it housed 6 Leopards.
    • James27
      Christ, how did they all fit lol.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Welsh Mountain Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    26 Oct 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    502.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S7000
    Date / Time:
    2008:10:05 11:40:34
    Exposure Time:
    10/1500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).