Join our zoo community
Austin the Sengi

Buckeye the Grey Kangaroo joey (Macropus fuliginosus)

Do note that this image was taken on February 28th, 2022, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park in Bay Lake, Florida, USA.

Buckeye the Grey Kangaroo joey (Macropus fuliginosus)
Austin the Sengi, 5 Mar 2022
    • ZooNerd1234
      I didn’t see this joey on my visit in early January, do you perhaps know when it was born or at least put on display?
    • Austin the Sengi
      Now I do not exactly know about the location of where the joey and his mother came from, but from what I can tell, it was probably from an accredited facility that perhaps did not have enough room to keep the both of them together, and were likely looking for a suitable place to relocate them. The time of day that I was able to see the joey on exhibit, coincides with a month-old news article that indicated that western grey kangaroos had made their official return to the park, (there was also an adult male on exhibit that I saw as well). Just around the same time that I had last visited the park in person, both the mother and the joey were already out on exhibit, which only further made the reward of seeing him (twice) a well-deserved sight to see.
      ZooNerd1234 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park
    Uploaded By:
    Austin the Sengi
    Date:
    5 Mar 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    9.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    6000px
    Height:
    4000px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS Rebel T7
    Date / Time:
    2022:02:28 12:17:22
    Exposure Time:
    1/320 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    190 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).