Join our zoo community
SMR

Bull Elephant Upali - 26/06/2010

Bull Asian elephant Upali, back out on the paddock at Chester Zoo, 26th June 2010.

Bull Elephant Upali - 26/06/2010
SMR, 26 Jun 2010
    • SMR
      Bull Asian elephant Upali, back out on the paddock at Chester Zoo, 26th June 2010.
    • Javan Rhino
      That's a brilliant photo, glad they are coming back out :). I never take too much time to see the elephants, but I'm making a vow to watch them for a while on the 11th and/or 31st July when I go. Is there a good time in the day to see them, maybe when they are more active (splashing/playing etc)?

Thanks in advance :).
    • SMR
      Regular zoo visitors often pay less attention to the elephants than regular visitors, perhaps because we're concentrating on new and smaller species. The hotter it gets, the more the elephants seem to use the pool (makes sense) so early afternoon appears to be the best time, and they are usually out then anyway. Just remember the bull/herd rotation, so if Upali's out (he's easy to identify) the others might not be.
    • Javan Rhino
      Thanks, I'll keep an eye out next time I'm there. I usually head straight for the Rhinos (either way around, but usually Indian first), so it only makes sense I will see them midway (instead of taking the Cheetah bridge like normal, I will take the condor bridge so I pass them)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    SMR
    Date:
    26 Jun 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    367.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1067px
    Height:
    1600px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Date / Time:
    2010:06:26 14:51:52
    Exposure Time:
    1/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    380 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).