Join our zoo community
Maguari

Bulwer's Pheasant at Pairi Daiza, 10/09/18

Lophura bulweri

Bulwer's Pheasant at Pairi Daiza, 10/09/18
Maguari, 12 Sep 2018
    • Maguari
      Lophura bulweri

Just back from six zoos in Belgium and the Netherlands - full photos to follow once I've finished off France but couldn't resist posting a few of the gems from Pairi Daiza straight away!
    • lintworm
      This was without a doubt one of the weirdest displaying birds I have ever seen. Now I understand the whole hype :p
      Maguari likes this.
    • Kakapo
      Absolutely the photo that I wished to make! Wish me luck for a couple of weeks later!
      Maguari likes this.
    • Terry Thomas
      Very nice photo, taken at just the right time!
      Maguari likes this.
    • Maguari
      @Kakapo - one of the birds was displaying all the times we went past in the morning over the two days we were there - seemed to give it up in the afternoon - so recommend a morning visit to the aviary (in the semicircle of aviaries between the bird of prey show and the big walkthrough aviary).
      Kakapo likes this.
    • Kakapo
      Thanks again for the tips!
    • Pertinax
      @Maguari I got him displaying like this on the first afternoon, after I finally found them- now in the Oasis house, as even asking different keepers didn't resolve where they were now...he kept jumping with a rustling noise and doing an about turn of direction too. The second day he wasn't in display mode.. the second male looks older and bit poorly.
      Maguari likes this.
    • Maguari
      @Pertinax Glad you caught the display - we also thought one looked in far better health than the other when we were there.
    • Pertinax
      @Maguari Trying to load my shot right now..
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pairi Daiza
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    12 Sep 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3264px
    Height:
    4928px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7000
    Date / Time:
    2018:09:10 08:34:40
    Exposure Time:
    10/4000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 2500
    Focal Length:
    95 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).