Join our zoo community
Toddy

Burgers Desert - Peccary exhibit

Part of the exhibit for collared peccaries in Burgers Desert, the large indoor Sonorian desert in Burgers Zoo.

Burgers Desert - Peccary exhibit
Toddy, 29 Nov 2008
Newt likes this.
    • Toddy
      Part of the exhibit for collared peccaries in Burgers Desert, the large indoor Sonorian desert in Burgers Zoo.
    • Dan
      These exhibits look good, they are well furnished and even the fake rocks donĀ“t look that "fake". However, I am never satisfied when mammals are being kept indoors all the time. Are there outdoors enclosures as well?
    • Toddy
      No, but the pure size of the exhibit here makes them obsolete. The peccaries in Burgers have more space in their very naturalistic desert exhibit than most older peccary exhibits I have seen have totally. It stretches on further to the left of the frame.
    • snowleopard
      These photos remind me of Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo's enormous "Desert Dome" building.
    • reduakari
      Burger's is much better than Omaha--no tiny cramped exhibits for cats, birds and reptiles.

The tunnel between the RainForest and the Desert contains some of the most amazing "scary" adventure caves I've ever seen.

Burger's focuses only on the Sonoran Desert, and is more successful because it is not trying to squeeze in an African and Australian desert too, as Omaha does.

Truly one of the best exhibits in one of the world's best zoos.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Burgers' Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    29 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    384.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1154px
    Height:
    865px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-510
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:13 18:42:47
    Exposure Time:
    1/50 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    14 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).