Join our zoo community
BlackRhino

Busch Gardens Africa (Tampa Bay) October 2008

Jody the Black Rhino in a relatively ugly enclosure with bare sand and a small mud wallow. There is also a very shallow pond and a normal large pond. For some reason the large pond is blocked off, which makes no sense because Black Rhinos swim often in warm weather.

Busch Gardens Africa (Tampa Bay) October 2008
BlackRhino, 25 Oct 2008
    • BlackRhino
      Jody the Black Rhino in a relatively ugly enclosure with bare sand and a small mud wallow. There is also a very shallow pond and a normal large pond. For some reason the large pond is blocked off, which makes no sense because Black Rhinos swim often in warm weather.
    • okapikpr
      Its that the old elephant yard you described?
    • BlackRhino
      I don't think so. This use to be a Dromedary Camel yard. The elephant yard is directly across the path from the rhino yard and is quite decent. I am not sure if it was an elephant yard before it housed the camels.
    • okapikpr
      It is the old elephant yard, it was built in 1986 when the Nairobi area was created.
    • BlackRhino
      Yes your right, this exhibit does look pretty old. I think it is sort of ugly and Jody (the rhino who lives in the exhibit) most of the time stands in the very back of the enclosure almost out of sight by the door all day. She only comes out during the Keeper talks when she gets fed.
    • okapikpr
      As a kid, this yard was full of elephants and calves...I remember hosing down an elephant calf at a keeper talk. That and the monorail are the only two memories I have of visiting the park as a child.
    • Cat-Man
      really, they should have african eles
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Busch Gardens Tampa
    Uploaded By:
    BlackRhino
    Date:
    25 Oct 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    213.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/5.2
    Make:
    EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
    Model:
    KODAK EASYSHARE M853 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
    Date / Time:
    2008:10:13 14:47:56
    Exposure Time:
    3897/1000000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 214
    Focal Length:
    18.6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).