Bushbuck male
Hix, 22 Nov 2014
BerdNerd likes this.
    • Hix
      Ngorongoro Crater
      October 2014
    • Ara
      Great photo Hix!

As I've said before, when you issue a wildlife photo book I will be first in line to buy a copy.
    • Hix
      Thanks Ara!
    • Newzooboy
      This really is a stunning photo.

I would be interested in the equipment used as it looks like one of those quick reaction snapshots, but the focus is pretty good. Digital SLR or something more lightweight?
    • Hix
      Canon EOS 70D with an L-series 70-300mm zoom.

I saw this Bushbuck running through the bush towards the road and pointed my camera at him. I snapped four shots, this is the last before he was lost from my view. He was also the closest at this point too. I chose this one to post because I liked the way the plants frame the animal.
    • geomorph
      What a beauty! Many of the antelopes are my favorite animals, I would love to have seen this one in person! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences here, Hix.
    • Hix
      Bushbuck are fairly common but a little shy. I saw one or more most days.

As for sharing experiences, I've been busy since returning home, but I should be making more posts to the Hix Does Tanzania thread some time this week.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Tanzania - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    Hix
    Date:
    22 Nov 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    148.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1024px
    Height:
    683px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).