Hix

Bushdog exhibit, Grzimekhaus - 1984

February 1984

Bushdog exhibit, Grzimekhaus - 1984
Hix, 7 Dec 2008
    • Hix
      February 1984
    • Kwambeze
      Is it true that it is from 1984? Looks really modern!
    • Zebraduiker
      This exhibit was opened in 1978.....Since the bushdogs are gone, it's used for lesser chevrotains. For several month, there were also tupaia and a little hornbill species in that exhibit.
    • Kwambeze
      Oh, so old, but with a "modern look " . Some new photos from this exbith?
    • Zebraduiker
      I have some, but I have to look for them. Its has now more tropical plants inside, so the chevrotains have better hiding possibilities.

I've posted a lot of picture sof the exhibits of the Griumekhous ehere in the Gallery, so you cans ee, all the exhibits are in a very modern, but natural stile. A few of them are just a little bit to small from the present view, but nevertheless, the animals are doing very well here and a lot of rare and hard to keep species are breeding regulary. The famous kiwi breeding has begun here in the grizmek house. But a few speies ha dto go, so the others have more space now. As you know, the grizmekhouse will be demolished in a few years and will be replaced with a new nocturnal house.
    • Hix
      One of the reasons I took this picture was because the exhibit was so good (for 1984), compared with a lot of other zoos I had been to. The tree buttresses were very well done and I thought this was a brilliant display for bushdogs. I really liked the Grzimekhaus, many of the displays were quite good and I was disappointed at not being able to photograph some of the inhabitants of the darker, nocturnal exhibits (like Senegal Bushbabies and Springhares). The whole building seemed to be ahead of it's time.
    • Zebraduiker
      But this exhibit isn't really bigger than the former bushdog exhibit in the lion house, but the diffrence is, they had an outdoor cage in the lion house, but not here in the Grizmekhouse.
      So the only diffrence between the old and the new cage is, the new one is JUST LOOKING better, and thats not important for the ANIMALS.

It is allowed to use flaslight in the nocturnal section, I ask the keepers, they do pictures by themselfs with flashlight.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Frankfurt
    Uploaded By:
    Hix
    Date:
    7 Dec 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    223.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1584px
    Height:
    1036px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).