Join our zoo community
Buldeo

California Station

Taken 13 August 2016 After years of fits and starts, the ride mechanism that will haul guests from the main zoo up to the California Trail is in place. If you look at a map, this is next to the giraffes and behind the tigers.

California Station
Buldeo, 14 Aug 2016
    • Buldeo
      Taken 13 August 2016

After years of fits and starts, the ride mechanism that will haul guests from the main zoo up to the California Trail is in place.

If you look at a map, this is next to the giraffes and behind the tigers.
    • DavidBrown
      Is this on the footprint of the old camel exhibit?
    • Arizona Docent
      They have ski lift chairs and now a gondola. This is just like a world class ski resort! :p
    • Buldeo
      Maybe? I'm not sure. The giraffes are just out of frame on the left, and the current(?) camel exhibit is straight up the hill behind this.
    • DavidBrown
      I found this photo of the old camel area that geomorph took in 2009. The angles of the two photos don't match up exactly, but it does look like the new transport area is where the former camel exhibit was.

http://www.zoochat.com/857/camel-skyride-84056/
    • Buldeo
      Yeah, that definitely looks like the same location. I remember that something used to be there, but couldn't remember what.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Oakland Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Buldeo
    Date:
    14 Aug 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    346.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-H90
    Date / Time:
    2016:08:14 02:24:43
    Exposure Time:
    10/1250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    4.28 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).