Join our zoo community
Elephantlover

Can anyone id These fish

Can anyone id These fish
Elephantlover, 28 Dec 2020
UngulateNerd92 likes this.
    • Pootle
      where are they from (what part of the world)
      how big are they (approx) in cm or inches
      freshwater I guess?
      any extra info may assist.

the middle one looks like something I may know if you can answer the above please
    • Elephantlover
      @Pootle these were in a tank that all it said was Pennsylvania so I can assume they are Pennsylvania native. They are also small fish
    • Pootle
      thankyou for the info. being UK based I can only say....

the middle fish looks freshwater and the dorsal fin as you can see is large for the individual. It looks like a member of the Salmon family and to me it resembles a fish in western Europe known as a Grayling. I refuse to use scientific names here, as they are irrelevant on a fun forum and often hard to pronounce!
      Please bear in mind this is my opinion only, have fun!
    • Pootle
      if salt water just bin the above, hence asking for as much information as possible
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      I used to live in PN,
      This fish sort of has a resemblance to a White sucker, A species that I have seen in the wild. It matches the arrangement of the Fins, and the position of the face and Eyes are identical tho the ones I saw in the wild. So I think your best bet would be Catostomus commersonii.
    • Elephantlover
      @CheeseChameleon2007 I dont think Its white sucker I have seen a white sucker this fish Smaller. I am not good at identifying fish tho so maybe the fish I thought was a white sucker was not and this is the white sucker
      Dhole dude likes this.
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      @Elephantlover Sort of hard to tell from this photo actually how big this fish is, but I'll take your word for it. Possibly a species of Minnow like Exoglossum maxillingua?

Anway, I won't continue to help in this case, I have made such a terribble fool of myself, I have proven that I can't identify pretty much anything.
    • Elephantlover
      @CheeseChameleon2007 I am in the same boat I have a hard time identifying any fish or reptile. however your latest id could be the fish from the pictures I have seen on google
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Animal or Zoo Identification
    Uploaded By:
    Elephantlover
    Date:
    28 Dec 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    183 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    505px
    Height:
    373px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).