Pleistohorse

Canada Lynx Exhibit

27 September 2014

Canada Lynx Exhibit
Pleistohorse, 23 Oct 2014
    • Pleistohorse
      27 September 2014
    • snowleopard
      I have an 80-page Alaskan Wildlife Conservation Center guidebook (thanks to Arizona Docent's recent visit to the park!) and the publication date is March 2013. Twice in the book there is mention of the "new" Canadian Lynx exhibit. Was the enclosure recently renovated or was it entirely new at the time of writing?
    • Arizona Docent
      Good question! It is attached to the back of the gift shop and is the least impressive exhibit at the park, so if it is new they did not spend much on it.
    • Pleistohorse
      This exhibit dates back to 2009/2010 (maybe a year on either side of that guess). The Lynx were housed at the Alaska Zoo while this exhibit was built. It's not the best, but I think it a very classic "window into nature" type exhibit typical in some urban European Zoos (Artis & Antwerp come to mind. Or even the Zoo Center at the Bronx Zoo). There is a sparsely wooded area near the Bison Hall (pending opening) that could be converted into a more naturalistic Lynx Exhibit, but for what the AWCC has available..I believe this exhibit is pretty good.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
    Uploaded By:
    Pleistohorse
    Date:
    23 Oct 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    326.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1599px
    Height:
    1052px
    Aperture:
    f/10.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D5000
    Date / Time:
    2014:09:27 15:30:45
    Exposure Time:
    10/2000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    70 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).