^Chris^

Cat Terrace paint job.

London Zoo, March 2010

Cat Terrace paint job.
^Chris^, 29 Mar 2010
    • ^Chris^
      London Zoo, March 2010
    • snowleopard
      Is the bright blue colouring a conscious decision to invoke images of a clown house at a local amusement park? Is there going to be a mural painted over the blue or does this photo show the finished product? An intriguing choice of colour...
    • ^Chris^
      I think this is it...though it's not purely blue. The colour scheme also includes a turquoise shade (see mural photo) and a light purple. I think they're intended to appear south Asian.
    • Little Lion Man
      The blue is a better colour than the old grey concrete that was there before. However the curved signs thats are now by the lions and the tigers look very good, though they do have a little bit of a comic book feel about them especially the signs by the tigers showing how they hunt. But I rather like that and should help encourage children to read them.
    • Pertinax
      Is this the Tiger enclosure? The interior looks very different, with what looks like a lot of woodchip flooring. Is that what they have done?
    • Shirokuma
      This is the top/back of the lion enclosure
    • Ned
      A funny thing happened to me the other day; I got hold of a few dozen tins of blue paint. They fell off the back of a lorry, if you know what I mean? Anyway, I met this guy in a pub who wanted to buy them. He said the colour wasn’t ideal but times were tough and they’d do. It was an awful colour, I hate to think what he used it for.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZSL London Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    ^Chris^
    Date:
    29 Mar 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    222.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1063px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D70
    Date / Time:
    2010:03:28 15:56:00
    Exposure Time:
    10/1000 sec
    Focal Length:
    24 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).