Join our zoo community
Zoofan15

Charlie on the Aerial Pathway

Photo taken 23/01/2021.

Charlie on the Aerial Pathway
    • Zoofan15
      1.0 Charlie (21/03/1981) Male Bornean orangutan
    • Escher Nicholls
      Wow! I haven't seen the orangutans up on any of the towers.
      Zoofan15 likes this.
    • Jambo
      That looks absolutely amazing!:) Charlie must love it up there. Apparently he loves to climb.
      Zoofan15 likes this.
    • Zoofan15
      @Escher Nicholls @Jambo Yeah it was quite a sight to see him up there. Charlie is making great use of the facilities, despite the reputation of the male Bornean orangutan as being mostly ground based. Melur is the keenest climber and Charlie likes to keep an eye on her, so follows her as he did on this day (she’s already climbed across and gone down the tower on the right).
      Lafone and Jambo like this.
    • Jambo
      @Zoofan15 yes Charlie is obsessed with Melur. I heard Wanita doesn’t like to climb, which would make it even more impressive if you saw her on the Aerial Pathway.
      Zoofan15 likes this.
    • Zoofan15
      @Jambo And ironically Wanita is the only one with Sumatran genes! Wanita isn’t a social orangutan and enjoys having the space to move away from the others when she wants to. Charlie shows little interest in her either; as was the case with Horst and Isim when they were at the zoo. The keepers theorised it was because she’s had a hysterectomy and is non reproductive. I’d imagine her fiery temper played a part too.
      Jambo likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Auckland Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Zoofan15
    Date:
    25 Jan 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3264px
    Height:
    2448px
    Aperture:
    f/2.4
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPad Air 2
    Date / Time:
    2021:01:23 13:29:51
    Exposure Time:
    1/3546 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 25
    Focal Length:
    3.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).