Join our zoo community
Roxpix

Cheetah

Cheetah
Roxpix, 25 May 2010
    • Arizona Docent
      Fantastic photo of my favorite animal. I am strongly considering adding Chester Zoo to my September England/France/Spain trip.
    • Roxpix
      Glad you like it,
      I hadn't been to Chester for about 4 years so when I went at Easter I was really pleased to see the Cheetah enclosures housing 4 cats with very good habitat
      I spent 90 minutes just watching/photographing these guys
    • SMR
      Going out on a limb here but from the funky hairstyle, I think this is the female (not the animal in your other photo), and Chester only have one female.
    • taun
      Correct this is Kinky-tail Chesters female.
    • Nisha
      Any word on number two been shipped? Think she is still in Saudi Arabia?
    • Roxpix
      Thanks for the gender steer on these
      Wonder why I assumed chester had a single male & three females, I take it it's the other way round
    • Maguari
      Do it! :D

It's not got the cat collection it once had, but you'll see Asian Lion, Sumatran Tiger, Jaguar, Serval and these very nice Soemmerring's Cheetahs.

And it's got a fantastic general collection and is overall the best zoo in the UK. ;)

EDIT: And if you do go - let us know - would be fascinated to get a North American opinion of the place first-hand! Mind you, I'm away myself for a fair chunk of September.
    • Arizona Docent
      Yes, and I was looking online and the city itself looks very quaint and picturesque, which is great for photography too. Found a nice looking hotel (The Mill) right near the train station. I am 85% certain I will book two nights there and spend the full day in between at Chester Zoo.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Roxpix
    Date:
    25 May 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    235.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    585px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 20D
    Date / Time:
    2010:04:10 13:10:13
    Exposure Time:
    1/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    273 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).