Join our zoo community
mhale

Chimp Island enclosure at Blair Drummond Safari Park, 19 May 2010

Chimp Island enclosure at Blair Drummond Safari Park, 19 May 2010
mhale, 19 May 2010
    • foz
      It looks really well vegetated. Does anyone know the size of Drummond's chimp group?
    • mhale
      There are only three chimps: Blossom, Rosie and Chippy (Blossom's son).
    • scimiterhorned1
      thts a luvely exhibt. much like gorilla island at longleat. they got lots of shrub to do natuaral foraging
    • johnstoni
      if the indoor housing was to match this would be one of the best chimpanzee enclosures in the UK
    • foz
      From what I can see I would say it is much better than Longleat's gorilla island.

Thanks Mhale for the group info. :D
    • scimiterhorned1
      no i would say gorilla island is better in respects to hosuing gorillas. but i do think tht this enclosure is luvely. do they keep anything actually in this lake ?
    • foz
      Whilst the gorilla island is okay for one or two elderly gorilla's. it cannot really handle an active family group, and frankly the indoor area at Longleat would be dire for such a group.

That being said i have no idea what the indoor area of this chimp island is like. Also it is quite hard to compare enclosure's for different species. :eek:

However what I can say (judging entirely from photo's), This island offers the chimps an interesting, heavily vegetated island and enriching environment
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Blair Drummond Safari & Adventure Park
    Uploaded By:
    mhale
    Date:
    19 May 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: