chimpanzee exhibit guadalajara zoo

chimpanzee exhibit

chimpanzee exhibit guadalajara zoo
carlos55, 16 Oct 2015
David Matos Mendes likes this.
    • carlos55
      chimpanzee exhibit
    • David Matos Mendes
      Looks like a pretty great exhibit. How many chimps does GDL keeps? Do they breed them often?
    • carlos55
      This exhibit has two female Chimps, mother and daughter. The male chimp died of a heart attack. Since mexican law forbids import of primates except for research, it has been very hard for Guadalajara zoo to replace the male.
    • David Matos Mendes
      @carlos55
      Oh yes, I think I remember you mentioning this prohibition in some thread. That's really a shame. I hope GDL's crew find a way to acquire a male chimp to make this group thrive. I imagine there are not many males available inside Mexico, right?
    • Onychorhynchus coronatus
      @carlos55 The same sad situation as the gorillas :(
    • carlos55
      Yes OC ,the 2 gorillas at Guadalajara, Chencha and Faustina are also mother and daughter, and the male Chato diéd. There are various male chimps in mexican zoos that were confiscated from circuses But they are aggresive and humanized, so May not be a good match for these females apes. The only breeding group of chimps in a mexican zoo is at Africam Safari Puebla and that is where the female mother Chimp came from. A sad situación indeed.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoológico Guadalajara
    Uploaded By:
    carlos55
    Date:
    16 Oct 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: