Join our zoo community
LaughingDove

Chinese Pangolin Makes a Break For Freedom!

Taken 14th August 2015 The Pangolin lumbered into the crowd of people accompanied by a few screams of small children before being retrieved by a keeper. Pangolins are such cool animals!

Chinese Pangolin Makes a Break For Freedom!
LaughingDove, 14 Aug 2015
    • LaughingDove
      Taken 14th August 2015
      The Pangolin lumbered into the crowd of people accompanied by a few screams of small children before being retrieved by a keeper. Pangolins are such cool animals!
    • savethelephant
      Hehe, I could imagine a news report title.
      Baby anteater loose after a zoo loving teenager let it out of it's enclosure to take a picture. Later, he bragged to his friends on the website Zoochat for doing so.
    • LaughingDove
      For the record, I take no responsibility for releasing the pangolin:p

I would also be rather annoyed if a news report called it a baby anteater.
    • Javan Rhino
      Interestingly it did this when we went last year, I wanted a cuddle, but thought the keeper may not be too happy with me cuddling the zoo's pangolin :p
    • TeaLovingDave
      It did indeed; I haven't posted my photos from Leipzig yet but I got a rather decent shot of the occurrence, which will be posted anon.
    • Loxodonta Cobra
      Same here. Btw, those news reporters and the kids should be screaming in amazement and joy since they're seeing a species extinct in the western world outside of Leipzig!
    • ThylacineAlive
      Why would there be news reporters?:p

~Thylo:cool:
    • zoogiraffe
      Have to say I always thought that for a species to be extinct that all specimens were dead,or does extinct have a different dictionary definition in the good old USA then the rest of the world!
    • LaughingDove
      Isn't the news like this? :confused:

"Welcome to BBC World News, our top story tonight. A pangolin escaped from its enclosure at Leipzig Zoo in Germany and was retrieved very shortly afterwards by a keeper. The pangolin travelled only a few feet and did no harm whatsoever before returned safely to its enclosure. We join our reporters on scene who are screaming in amazement and joy."
      ;):p
    • ThylacineAlive
      And while you're technically correct that Leipzig has the only Chinese Pangolins outside of Asia, it's worth mentioning that the US itself does have at least one (reportedly more) Tree Pangolin.

~Thylo:cool:
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Leipzig
    Uploaded By:
    LaughingDove
    Date:
    14 Aug 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    105.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix HS25EXR
    Date / Time:
    2014:11:15 18:20:03
    Exposure Time:
    5/13 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    4.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).