snowleopard

Cincinnati Zoo - Giant Anteater

July 2008.

Cincinnati Zoo - Giant Anteater
snowleopard, 25 Aug 2008
    • okapikpr
      Where is this exhibit located?
    • snowleopard
      Did you miss it on an old visit? I'm 90% sure that it is located directly next too the nocturnal house, and just behind the Lemur Lookout island. I believe that is a black currasow in the background.
    • okapikpr
      Not at all then...it was the old Komodo Dragon house when I last visited. I didnt even consider it when trying to figure the location of this picture. This exhibit also housed a giant panda when London? temporarily loaned it to Cincinnati while the panda was enroute to Mexico, I think. What is the adjacent outdoor pen use for? The Anteater also?
    • snowleopard
      There was a sign saying that the giant anteater (there is only the one) rotates between indoors and outdoors with a large sereima. I'm quite sure that was the bird in there, as it looked a little like a kori bustard.
    • okapikpr
      yeap that sounds like a seriema...its good to hear that cincinnati is finally expanding its neotropical collection.
    • groundskeeper24
      There were some screamers in there as well.
    • PAT
      Are there monkeys in this exhibit or are those vines for the birds?
    • snowleopard
      @PAT: the vines are for the birds.
    • PAT
      Thanks for that
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    25 Aug 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    244.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1200px
    Height:
    1600px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:27 10:58:14
    Exposure Time:
    10/200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).